Upcoming Readings, Appearances, and Other Events
Interested in having me read at your upcoming open mic night? Hosting a literary event or conference you think I’d be interested in? Send me a message via the Contact page so we can discuss it!
If you’d like to get in touch regarding workshops, presentations, or panels at your conference, bookstore, or other literary events, please contact me via my freelance company, Heart of the Story Editorial & Coaching Services.
Thursday, May 21: Poems That Heal the Soul – An Online Poetry Discussion (Online via SheBreathes Balance & Wellness Studio)
Have you been reading poetry during the pandemic? Then I invite you to join me for this special Zoom event that begins at 6:00 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 21. Bring at least one poem by one of your favorite poets that has helped or inspired you during this challenging time so you can share it with the group and be connected with other poetry lovers. Pre-registration is required, so sign up today if you’re interested!
Saturday, May 30: Virtual Open Mic Night @ An Unlikely Story (Online via Crowdcast)
My local indie bookstore is hosting their first-ever online open mic night! Register in advance here so you can watch some of An Unlikely Story’s “hometown” musicians, singers, and poets perform their work. The event begins at 7:00 p.m. Eastern, and I’m scheduled to read three poems starting at 7:10.
Events I’ve previously attended or participated in include the following:
- Poetry readings and open mic nights at An Unlikely Story (Plainville, MA) and SheBreathes Wellness & Balance Studio (Walpole, MA)
- Literary conferences such as Writer’s Digest Conference (NYC, NY) and Muse & The Marketplace (Boston, MA)
- Writing retreats such as the Iceland Writers Retreat (Reykjavik, Iceland)
- Conferences for editors and freelance professionals such as the 2019 ACES Conference (Providence, RI)
- Poetry conferences and events such as the Massachusetts Poetry Festival (Salem, MA)
- Boston-area literary events such as the Boston Book Festival and the Boston Teen Authors Festival