Upcoming Readings, Appearances, and Other Events
Thursday, June 24, 7:00 p.m. Eastern: Virtual Open Mic Night at An Unlikely Story (Online via Crowdcast)
I’ll read a short selection of my poetry during this virtual event held by my favorite local bookstore! Other poets and live music acts will perform as well.
Sunday, June 27, 4:00 p.m. Eastern: Pre-Release Reading for the From the Farther Shore Anthology @ West Falmouth Library (Falmouth, MA)
Calliope Poetry is sponsoring this event to celebrate the release of its anthology, From the Farther Shore: Discovering Cape Cod and the Islands Through Poetry, which focuses on Cape Cod and the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. I’m thrilled to be a part of this project, and I’ll read a poem of mine that will appear in this anthology.
Saturday, July 10, 4:00 p.m. Eastern: New Moon Journaling Circle – July 2021 (Zoom Workshop)
Having trouble holding yourself accountable for your plans, goals, and dreams? Then my upcoming journaling workshop is for you! During the New Moon Journaling Circle, you can use the intrinsic power of journaling and harness the energy of the new moon to set goals, create intentions, and make things happens. Tickets are $35 each and on sale through Eventbrite here.
Thursday, July 15, 7:00 p.m. Eastern: Summer Series 2021 – Open Mic Night @ WeBreathe Wellness (Walpole, MA)
My first in-person open mic since the pandemic began last year! And knowing how talented the WeBreathe/SheBreathes community is, the night will be nothing short of fun. Register to attend the event via WeBreathe’s website.
Interested in having me read at your upcoming open mic night? Hosting a literary event or conference you think I’d be interested in? Send me a message via the Contact page so we can discuss it!
If you’d like to get in touch regarding workshops, presentations, or panels at your conference, bookstore, or other literary events, please contact me via my business, Heart of the Story Editorial & Coaching Services.
Events I’ve previously attended or participated in include the following:
- Poetry readings and open mic nights at An Unlikely Story (Plainville, MA) and WeBreathe Wellness (Walpole, MA)
- Literary conferences such as Writer’s Digest Conference (NYC, NY) and Muse & The Marketplace (Boston, MA)
- Writing retreats such as the Iceland Writers Retreat (Reykjavik, Iceland)
- Conferences for editors and freelance professionals such as the 2019 ACES Conference (Providence, RI) and Editors Canada (virtual)
- Poetry conferences and events such as the Massachusetts Poetry Festival (Salem, MA)
- Boston-area literary events such as the Boston Book Festival and the Boston Teen Authors Festival
- Talks about writing, editing, and literary coaching at local networking events such as EFA Boston (Boston, MA) and the SheBreathes Business Collaborative (Walpole, MA)