Really? This again, so soon?? Gosh…
After finally setting aside time for website “housekeeping” in August, I thought I’d be good for a while. Nope. Turns out I missed a few spots. *raises a fist*
Here’s what happened in the latest round of site updates:
- A Meme and Series Index now exists! This is a convenient spot to access the Category pages for the different memes and articles series I run on the blog, such as Chronicling The Craft, Recent Reads, and Stacking The Shelves.
- The “Books and Music” widget along the sidebar has been replaced by “What Am I Reading?”, which shows the books I’m currently reading as well as I’m planning to read next.
- Poetry now features links to the three poems published in last year’s 40th Anniversary Edition of The Curry Arts Journal. I could’ve sworn I had updated the page a year ago for this very reason, but it must have slipped my mind. *lol*
- Links and Ratings System have been updated.
- The Guestbook has been deleted. Well, honestly, who uses guestbooks anymore?
Come back Monday and Tuesday next week for new – and more interesting – blog articles! In the meantime, I hope you’re doing well. Have a lovely weekend!
You can only leave things lying around for so long…
I finally got around to some long-overdue site updates. The following pages now contain more accurate information regarding my current writing activities. Plus, I feel more organized now. Yay for getting things done! 🙂
Here are the most recent changes:
- The About Me page features a new, more brief bio and a new photo.
- Information regarding music review inquiries has been removed from the Contact page. However, visitors may still use the Contact form for article / interview requests, invitations to literary events, and related items. Teasellers who’d like to have me review their teas at A Bibliophile’s Reverie are also encouraged to use this page.
- The Awards & Achievements page has been added! It lists writing and blogging awards and related milestones.
- All freelance articles are now filed under the Freelance Writing umbrella. From there, it branches out into indexes for each venture: A Bibliophile’s Reverie (tea reviews), Grub Street (articles on writing), and Sonic Cathedral / Suite101 (music reviews and interviews).
Also, two new article series are coming soon! They are:
- Freelance Article Round-Up, which will link out the most recent freelance articles I’ve written for A Bibliophile’s Reverie, Grub Street, and other ventures. These Round-Ups will appear on the last day of the month, with a frequency of once a month or every 2 months (depending on the number of new articles). As always, all new articles will be linked out on Facebook and Twitter as soon as they’re posted, and the respective freelance venture indexes will be kept up-to-date.
- Author Interviews! Yes, I’m going to periodically feature interviews with published authors, starting in September. Twitter has proven to be an amazing way to connect with writers of all kinds, and those connections have inspired the idea for this series. For now I’m going to start with self-published and debut authors. The first one is already in the works (it just needs to be scheduled), and I already know which writers I’d like to pursue afterwards.
And… there may be more excitement around the corner! I can’t say much right now, as I want to see how things play out over the next couple weeks. But I’m buzzing with joy and anticipation just thinking about all the opportunities. If anything does work out, I’ll let you know as soon as I can confirm it. 😉
Hope you’re all doing well right now and enjoying your summer (or winter, if you live in the Southern Hemisphere)!
All the best,