Last year I tackled the Freestyle Writing Challenge for the first time. It was a fun way of writing about whatever I wanted (within the topic chosen by the blogger who nominated me, of course) and seeing how many words I could type in a short amount of time. Today, I’m *finally* accepting Sarah J. Higbee’s nomination to take on the Challenge again. Thanks, Sarah!
Here are the rules for the Freestyle Writing Challenge:
- Open an new Microsoft Word document.
- Set a stop watch or timer for 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the end of this post, but DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the Word document with as many words as you can. Once you begin writing, do not stop.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in Word. This Challenge is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow, not your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules.
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post, write down ‘No. of words =_____’ so that readers have an idea of how much you can write within the timeframe.
- Copy and paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees, and include these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
So, Sarah’s topic for her nominees this time was… Continue reading