“How is topic different from theme?” This very question bubbled up while I was working on my previous Theme: A Story’s Soul post. So I figured, “Why not explore it further?” Many writers mistakenly use the terms “topic” and “theme” interchangeably, and this would be the perfect opportunity to explain how they’re different – and how topic is actually a vehicle for illustrating theme.
I’ve seen the Liebster Award on a couple blogs I visit from time to time – but I honestly never expected that someone would nominate me for it! This award recognizes blogs with 200 followers or less, and allows each nominee to “pay it forward” to other up-and-coming blogs. So, I owe a huge THANK YOU to The Parasite Guy for nominating my site for a Liebster Award. I really appreciate it!
What do bloggers need to do when they receive a Liebster Award?
- Accept the award, post the Liebster Award logo at the top of your post, and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions provided.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Ask 11 questions (different from the ones you were asked) for your Liebster Award nominees.
- Nominate 11 other people / blogs, and inform them of the award.
The “About Me” section of my website is now up and running! Continue reading