Requests for My Guest Posts at Your Site
I’d be happy to write a guest post for your site as my schedule allows. If you’re interested, please contact me here.
Submissions for Guest Posts at My Blog
Looking for a home for one of your articles? Got an idea you’d like to write about while exposing your work to a new audience? I’d love to host it if it falls under one of these categories:
- The Craft of Writing (writing tips, craft / technique, writing process, etc.)
- Fantasy Literature (influential authors, world-building, reading / writing trends, etc.)
- The Writer’s Life (well-being practices, lifestyle, inspiration, general creativity)
I’d also be happy to host guest posts as part of an author’s blog tour as long as I’m already familiar with the author’s work.
Guest posts will appear at a maximum of once or twice a month, depending on what content is available. Articles should be between 500 and 2000 words in length, and must be previously unpublished material that you have written (i.e., not plagiarized).
You may promote your guest post on your site (links, reblogs, etc.) or via social media once it has gone live. In fact, I welcome you to promote it however and whenever you can! However, I’d appreciate it if you refrain from re-publishing your post on other sites after it has published here.
If you’re interested in guest posting, please contact me here with an article pitch, a valid email address, and (if available) a couple links to guest posts you’ve done at other sites. If I think your idea would be a good addition to the site, I’ll respond so we can discuss a timeline for submitting and posting the article.
While I have no formatting requirements for guest posts, bolded headings that can help with SEO optimization are encouraged. Check out articles from the Chronicling The Craft, Character Evolution Files, or #1000Speak series for examples.
When you submit your guest post, make sure it includes the following:
- A 2- to 3-sentence bio at the end that tells readers a little bit about you, and provides links to your website / blog and social media pages
- A photo of yourself (or avatar, if you’d prefer not to share a photo) to accompany the bio
- Appropriate images (photos, animated gifs, graphics, etc.) for your post, granted that you have permission to use those images
Please note that I may review your final guest post for editing (limited to punctuation and grammar – nothing drastic) and will share any edits or questions with you prior to posting.
Most of all, I look forward to having you as a guest in the future! If you have an article idea or any questions about this policy, just send me an email through my Contact page. I’ll respond at my first opportunity. 😉