Good news: You can now connect with me at my official public Facebook page! Just click “Like” on the Facebook widget in the lefthand sidebar, or click here to go directly to the page.
I’ve toyed with the idea of having a Facebook page for a few months. But it wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I finally acted on it. Now, all of the key pieces (profile photo, banner, and bio) are finished, and I’m ready to share it with you.
What do I plan to share with Facebook followers on this page? Here’s what I’ve thought of so far:
- Links to my poems, articles, and blog entries, focusing primarily on new content as it’s published (and maybe the occasional retrospect)
- YouTube or ReverbNation clips of artists I’m listening to or reviewing in the near future
- News announcements regarding my work and scheduled events (readings, festivals, etc.)
- Other posts (status updates, photos, videos, and polls / survey questions) related to poetry, literature, music, the writing craft, and other interests
- Sharing links for books / book series, literary journals and events, other writers / poets / authors, and more
My plan for the Facebook page is to have it be an interactive and engaging media and news resource. Writing and poetry doesn’t interest everyone. I totally understand that. So, the question I will always leave open for my audience is this: Besides keeping people up to date on what I’m doing, what can I do to make this page interesting without straying from its purpose? Any suggestions or feedback will be welcomed warmly. Feel free to also contact me there to ask questions about my work, future readings and events, review and publication inquiries, ideas for future blog entries or “Chronicling The Craft” topics, and the like.
I should note that the Facebook page will not replace this blog. They’ll function as two separate yet connected entities, constantly linking visitors from one source to the other. Plus, this blog is like my online portfolio; it houses links to all of my published articles and poems since 2008. I suppose I could move those lists to Facebook – but that would require a lot of time and effort that could be spent on more worthwhile things. And blogs still have their audiences, too, as I’ve seen here and at other blogs. So, I see no reason to get rid of this site.
Hope to see you there!
2 thoughts on “I’m (Finally) On Facebook!”
I’ve just nominated you for the Liebster Award. Congrats 🙂
Wow! I’ve heard about the Liebster Award, but never would have expected someone to nominate me for it. Thanks very much, Parasite Guy! I appreciate the recognition and your thoughtfulness.